We’re looking for a Grant Writer to join the Folk Alliance International (FAI) team on a contract basis. This person will join our dynamic team to secure major grants available for music organizations with a focus on operating funding and supporting existing programs.
The grant writer’s role will be to write and organize compelling grant proposals, working with our Development Director to strategically keep existing grants while expanding funding.
- Compile, write, and edit grants based on FAI’s mission, vision, values, and programs
- Work with the development team to build and manage a grant calendar with key deadlines
- Work within FAI’s current grant goals while bringing in new relevant applications
- Maintain proficient knowledge of the organization’s history and programs
- Assist with the execution of FAI’s grant strategy
- Furnish prospective funders with supporting documents
- Meet with funders in coordination with the Development Director to help guide grant strategy and funder priorities
- Write, tailor, and send Letters of Inquiry to potential funders
- Assist in reporting and regular internal check-ins to collect data needed for final reporting and assessment of successful grants
- Identify grant funding opportunities
- Work experience as a grant writer or similar role
- Past grant experience for arts and culture organizations
- Proven track record, including demonstrated success rate with past grant applications
- Proficient with measuring and reaching income goals
- Great with MS Office Word, Excel, and Google Suite collaborative software
- Excellent knowledge of grant research
- Exceptional organizational, critical thinking and writing skills
- Passion for music, the music industry, and/or folk music
Applicants will be asked for their existing grant writing approach, historical success rate, writing samples, and references. Pay will be commensurate with experience and will be on a project or hourly basis as a contract role.
FAI is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon age, race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or disability.