Job Application: Administrative Assistant
Fill out the below application if you’re interested in our Administrative Assistant position, and we’ll be in touch soon if we think you’re a good fit!
About Folk Alliance International
Folk Alliance International (FAI) was founded in 1989 to connect folk music leaders aiming to sustain the community and genre. FAI is an arts nonprofit and NEA-designated National Arts Service Organization based in Kansas City, Missouri, USA. FAI is a member of the Alliance of Performing Arts Conferences (APAC) and the Performing Arts Alliance (PAA).
FAI’s mission is to serve, strengthen, and engage the global folk music community through preservation, presentation, and promotion.
As the leading international voice for folk music, FAI is a member organization and worldwide community for artists, agents, managers, labels, publicists, arts administrators, venues, festivals, and concert series presenters.
About the Position
The Administrative Assistant will be the first point of contact by greeting office guest, assisting in answering the phones, and responding to the FAI general email. They will primarily report to the Deputy Director.
The ideal candidate is proficient in managing email and can compile information with a high degree of accuracy. They will learn how to use FAI’s member system (YourMembership), Quickbooks, and the management systems for FAI’s annual conference (FestivalPro and Asana).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service to all members and guests
- Answer office phone and oversee the general email account
- Process incoming and outgoing mail including sending monthly donor letters
- Maintain files and records both online and physical
- Maintain office supplies and communicate with office vendors
- General office duties
- Keep office tidy
- Coordinate meetings
- Take meeting notes
- Assemble board documents
- Monitor the status of assigned projects
- Assist in general office bookkeeping by entering monthly transactions to QuickBooks
- Assist in processing payments and issuing refunds
- Submit expense reports
- Assist with tasks related to the conference
- Assist with in-office events
The position maintains standard work week hours; however, it requires some evening and weekend work, especially leading up to and during the week-long annual conference.
As part of a small staff, all employees of FAI are expected to support the organization in a team approach, lending support as needed to projects and activities that may not fall within the described scope of the position. These additional duties, and any revision of this job description are at the discretion of the Deputy Director.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years of work experience
- Written and verbal communications skills, including grammar and spelling
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Google Workspace
- Fast learner who excels in a team dynamic
- The position is full-time and based out of FAI’s office in Kansas City’s Crossroads Arts District
- The general office hours are from 9 am to 5 pm with a flexible schedule allowed
- The candidate must be willing to travel at minimum one week a year during the annual conference. Additional travel throughout the year may be required.
- The candidate must be able to meet the following physical demands:
- arrive on time
- lift and move packages, boxes, supplies, etc.
- use office equipment including a computer, phone, printer, etc.
- Employees are required to have the COVID-19 vaccine in compliance with Federal ADA guidelines.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance covered by employer
- 5% company contribution towards IRA
- Annual and sick leave
Salary: $32,000 to $37,000 commensurate with experience
How to apply: Resumes should be submitted through the form below. Video and in-person interviews will start at end of January 2022 and will continue until the position is filled.
FAI is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon age, race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or disability.
Contact the office if you require accommodation during the application process. Please email Jennifer Roe at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.