Job Application: Assistant Graphic Designer
Fill out the below application if you’re interested in our Assistant Designer position, and we’ll be in touch soon if we think you’re a good fit!
We’re looking for a part-time (15-20 hours a week) graphic designer to join our team to provide support to our creative lead for all the various assets needed for marketing and communications. The ideal candidate is located in Kansas City, though we’re flexible because this is mostly a remote position. They will need to be available a few days a week during our office hours of 9am – 5pm CT, but we are flexible on what work schedule they prefer.
This position is great for someone with 1-2 years of design experience and seeking work on larger professional projects in a team environment.
The salary for this position is $15-$20/hr.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the marketing team to determine scope of projects, daily tasks, and generate new design campaign ideas
- Assist creative lead in daily tasks
- Use digital illustration, photo editing software, and layout software to create designs
- Create visual elements such as logos, original images, and illustrations
- Design layouts, including selection of colors, images, and typefaces
- Present design concepts to team members
- Incorporate changes recommended by team into final designs
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
- Create and maintain organized design files in scalable, flexible workflows
- Sort and organize visual assets, such as photos, video, and graphic elements
- Research design references as they relate to specific projects
- Help maintain a cohesive vision of the brand and its voice
- Provide feedback on graphics and other elements
- Assist with website updates and design
- Occasionally assist with other creative work: photo editing, photography, video production, content development and conceptualization
- Meet with team to discuss broader directions and programs
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud programs (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Proficiency in Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Familiarity with social media content generation (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
- Stable internet connection for remote working
- Availability for occasional in-person team meetings
- 1-2 years of graphic design experience
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience with WordPress and page builder plugins (like Divi, Elementor, WP Bakery, etc.)
- A love of folk music and community building
- Computer with hardware requirements necessary for design software and tools (but we can provide if needed)