Folk Alliance International is pleased to provide paid internship opportunities as on-the-job training, course-related practical experience, and professional development for college or recently graduated students (or those with equivalent experience) who are interested in the music industry, folk music community, event planning, and arts administration.
We’re currently looking for a Communications/Marketing Intern for the 2021 spring semester, beginning mid/end of January through April. It is a 20-hour a week, $11/hr remote position. Our office is located in Kansas City, Missouri, and the intern will be expected to work within our office hours of 9 am to 5 pm Central Time.
Applications are due by 5 pm CT on Tuesday, January 12, 2021.
Communications/Marketing InternshipTo be eligible, applicants must have completed at least two years of college education (or have other relevant experience), have strong communication skills, and are able to work in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities:
- Work with team to plan and develop content for social media
- Assist with developing email campaigns
- Update website content in WordPress
- Copy edit/proofread digital and print content as needed
- Brainstorm creative ideas for advertising campaigns
- Must demonstrate a basic understanding of content management systems (WordPress experience preferred).
- Knowledge of social media trends and best practices.
- Experience with email marketing software (Emma, MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.) a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to write copy free of spelling and grammar errors.
- Music industry or arts community knowledge helpful but not required.
- Current or recently graduated college student in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, or related field is preferred.
- Previous internship experience and/or relevant coursework preferred.