This resource is available for free to everyone in the folk music community, whether a fan or part of the industry. It is updated and maintained by the staff of Folk Alliance International. If you’d like to support FAI in continuing to providing free community resources like this, we invite you to make a tax-free donation here.
- This event has passed.
September 2 @ 7:00 PM CDT$40
Do you LIKE TO WRITE SONGS?
Want to PERFORM YOUR SONG AT WHEATLAND?
The second annual WheatSongs program provides an opportunity to EXPLORE AND EXPAND your songwriting skills.
Singing may be the first language, even before people created words and gave them meaning. Every child under three makes up songs as naturally as they breathe. Song is likely our earliest and most fundamental art form. Even now, writing songs is the birthright and inspired gift of every human.
WHEATLAND PERFORMERS AND EDUCATORS Jan Krist and Dan Hazlett are offering a WEEK LONG intensive on-line course, complete with:
– interactive presentations
– song assignments
– group feedback
– and personalized one-on-one sessions
– CULMINATING IN AN ON-LINE PERFORMANCE on Sunday as part of Wheatland’s just announced ONLINE Festival presentation.
Space is limited to 16 participants.
– Send a LINK (can be on Facebook or Instagram) to a SIMPLE VIDEO (can be done on phone or computer) of you singing AN ORIGINAL SONG
– A brief BIO (1-3 paragraphs)
– A short statement on WHY YOU’D LIKE TO TAKE PART IN WHEATSONGS 2020
EMAIL TO: Wheatsongs@gmail.com
YOU MUST BE
– at least 15 years old
– able to accompany yourself on an instrument
– able to record video with sound
– able use for Zoom for online sessions
PROGRAM FEE $40
(for participants only, NOT needed to apply)
APPLICATION DEADLINE – Midnight, August 10 2020.
Selected participants will be notified by email on August 12 2020.