Intimate Concerts in Hotel Bedrooms
FAI is one of the few music industry conferences that offers everyone in attendance the opportunity to present independent showcases and allows all artists to play self-presented sets for all attending industry representatives.
Private Showcases are not open to the public. You must register for the conference to perform or attend a Private Showcase. Artists are limited to six (6) Private Showcases. Private Showcases take place from 10:30 pm – 3 am CT Wednesday, February 1 through Saturday, February 4.
COVID-19 protocols for Private Showcases will be finalized the weeks leading up to the conference to ensure the health and safety of our attendees. Registrants should expect to be required to wear a mask while on the Private Showcase floors. The only exception are artists while performing. There may also be limits to the number of people in a room and the number of showcase rooms available.
Hosting a Private Showcase Room
Private Showcases will take place from 10:30 pm – 3 am CT Wednesday through Saturday on the 5th – 7th floors of Westin Crown Center Hotel in Kansas City, Missouri, primarily in guest rooms and suites. Each individual room is contracted out to a Private Showcase Presenter who in turn books and schedules performances of registered conference attendees. Anyone can apply to become a Private Showcase Presenter (examples: labels, organizations, agents, artists, etc).
Presenters must pay a US$125 (per room) Private Showcase hosting fee. FAI will reimburse the fee if an in-person conference cannot occur; otherwise the application fee is non-refundable. This fee is separate from the cost of the room, chair rental, bed removal, hospitality, and conference registration.
- Standard Guest Room (48 total, 5th-7th floor) – $168/night plus taxes & fees (current total $200.61) x 3 night minimum = $601.83
- Premium Rooms, Amplified (11 total, 5th-7th floor) – $168/night plus taxes & fees plus an administrative fee of $25/night (current total $200.61 + $25) x 3 night minimum = $676.83
- Executive Suites*, Amplified (six total, 5th floor) – $400/night x 4 night minimum = $1,600
- Two Room Suites*, Amplified (four total, 7th-8th floor) – $336/night plus taxes & fees (current total $401.22) x 4 night minimum = $1,604.88
- Three Room Suites*, Amplified (two total, 7th-8th floor) – $504/night plus taxes & fees (current total $601.82) x 4 night minimum = $2,407.28
*Suites are only available to presenters who have hosted a room in the past and are first offered to those who hosted the previous year. A waitlist is managed by the Private Showcase Coordinator.
Other Optional Fees
Chairs – $5/each chair
Private Showcase Poster Policy
- Only Private Showcase presenters are permitted to hang posters on the Private Showcase floors.
- Postering is only allowed on the Private showcase floors.
- The posters should be specific to their room (listing all artists, times, and room numbers). FAI will designate sections of the hallway where postering is not permitted for safety and way-finding signage.
- Private Showcase hosts can begin postering on Wednesday, Feb 1, at 11:00 am.
- Posters for individual artists or in non-designated areas of the Private Showcase floors will be removed.
- Painters tape is the only permitted way of hanging posters. All others will be removed. Damage resulting from the use of non-approved tape will be documented and billed to the room host.