Private Showcases are late-night events and take place Wednesday through Saturday from 10:30pm – 3am on the 5th – 8th floors of the Westin Crown Center primarily in guest rooms and suites. Each conference attendee can grab a Pocket Guide that lists all Private Showcase performances or view the schedule on our conference app.
Private Showcases are acoustic (no amplification or sound systems in standard rooms, with limited sound in the suites and premium rooms) and run from 15-30 minutes depending on the presenter. Some presenters charge a nominal fee to help underwrite the costs of the room and hospitality. Average fees run between $20-$30 per slot. Many do not charge and some trade slots for performance slots in other rooms. Please contact our office at email@example.com if you have any questions about the process.
Tips for Booking a Private Showcase
- Research the Private Showcase Presenter list (updated weekly starting mid-September), find the host’s contact info and send a direct, personal email (not bulk!).
- Your personal email should be concise and include a link to video, short bio, and contact info. You should also include how many people are in your band, and your geographic location.
- Start early! Rooms fill up fast and any available space is filled quickly.
- Artists are limited to six (6) Private Showcases over the four nights. It’s the artist’s responsibility to manage this number.
Private Showcase Poster Policy
- Only Private Showcase presenters are permitted to hang posters on the Private Showcase floors.
- Postering is only allowed on the Private showcase floors.
- The posters should be specific to their room (listing all artists, times, and room numbers). FAI will designate sections of the hallway where postering is not permitted for safety and way-finding signage.
- Private Showcase hosts can begin postering on Wednesday, Feb 21, at 11:00 am.
- Posters for individual artists or in non-designated areas of the Private Showcase floors will be removed.
- Painters tape is the only permitted way of hanging posters. All others will be removed. Damage resulting from the use of non-approved tape will be documented and billed to the room host.
Private Showcases Hosted by FAI
FAI will host a few private showcase rooms: First-Timers Room, Traditional Music Room, and other partner rooms. These rooms are on the Private Showcase floors and are available to any artist who is registered for the Folk Alliance International Conference. Placement is first-come, first-serve.
Applications to perform in these specific rooms will open soon.
Private Showcase Presenter List
Rooms without contact information are either full or not accepting solicitations.
|Room Name||Presenter||Room Number||Contact Info|
|Interstate 88||1888 Media|
|Access Bandits on the Run||Access Film Music LLC||Michael Beck|
|Access Chicago Mike||Access Film Music LLC||Michael Beck|
|Access Conscious Alliance Suite||Access Film Music LLC||Michael Beck|
|Access Gypsy Wagon Video Studio||Access Film Music LLC||Michael Beck|
|Access Juniper Hill||Access Film Music LLC||Michael Beck|
|Access Song Camp Italy||Access Film Music LLC||Michael Beck|
|Hear Fort Worth||Afallon Productions||Brooks Kendall|
|House of Pancakes||Alright Alright/Olivia Management||Seth Kent|
|The Oklahoma Storyteller Showcase Room||American Songbird, LLC||Sarah Popejoy|
|Krazy Keyboards||Annie Moscow||Annie Moscow|
|Women of Note - Presented by Aoife Scott||Aoife Scott/Tradfest Temple Bar||Aoife Scott|
|BGS x Good Folk LA||BGS x Good Folk||Abby Litman|
|Black Oak Artists||Black Oak Artists||Denis Grabill|
|The Michigan Room||Blissfest Music Organization||Caroline Barlow|
|The Bose Listening Lounge: Hosted by KC Turner Presents||Bose|
|Roots & Resophonics||Bottleneck Music||Jeff Ray|
|The Alberta Room||Bow Valley Music Club / Calgary Folk Club||Larry Taylor|
|British Underground||British Underground|
|Coolsville||Coolsville House Concerts||Michael Surgalla|
|ComboPlate Booking||ComboPlate Booking|
|Cantina Navarro||Dan Navarro|
|Darryl Purpose's Camp Ned Showcase||Darryl Purpose Camp Ned||Darryl Purpose|
|New World Blues||Dog My Cat Records||Harry Manx|
|The Music Bin||Ed Sweeney Music||Ed Sweeney|
|FLi Artists||FLi Artists||Matt Greenhill|
|Free Range Records Presents||Free Range Records||Scott Twiford|
|Heartland Song Network||Heartland Song Network||Danny Powell|
|Hoosier Roots||Hoosier Roots Music Association||Jeff Cannon|
|Kristi and Steve Nebel Room||ICEBIRD RECORD COMPANY||Steve Nebel|
|The Rainbow Room||Inside Out Faith (Jennifer Knapp)||Karen Russell|
|Janet's Planet||Janet's Planet: Music Lessons for Humanoids, Inc. TM||Janet Feld|
|JASTICK Management Coalition||JASTICK Management Coalition||Amber Buist|
|3RD COAST MUSIC SONGWRITER SHOWCASE||Jim Patton and Sherry Brokus||Sherry Brokus|
|JWP Promotions||JWP Promotions||Jacob Peirce|
|Lawrence Free State||Lawrence Free State||Danny Powell|
|Showcase Free Zone!||Local 1000||Aaron Fowler|
|Mammoth Live @ FAI||Mammoth||Katie Rich|
|Mavens Revue||Mavens Music|
|Midwood's Music Emporium||Midwood Entertainment|
|Mundial Montréal & FolQuébec||Mundial Montréal||Jessica Blain-Descormiers|
|The Alaska Room||Music Export Alaska||Michael Howard|
|MEM Presents The Folk Fiesta||Music Export Memphis||Elizabeth Cawein|
|Porch & Park Fest Presents||Porch & Park Music Fest||Tim Placher|
|Show Americana||Show Imaging||Tiffany Dumlao|
|Australia x Aotearoa [New Zealand]||Sounds Australia|
|TEXAS SUGARBABY ROOM||Texas Sugarbaby Publishing||GLYNACE EASTHAM|
|Nordic Folk Alliance||Tiveden Music (For Nordic Folk Alliance)||Åke Lundström|