Private Showcases are late-night events and take place Wednesday through Saturday from 10:30pm – 3am on the 5th – 7th floors of the Westin Crown Center primarily in guest rooms and suites. Each conference attendee can grab a Pocket Guide that lists all Private Showcase performances or view the schedule on our conference app.
Private Showcases are acoustic (no amplification or sound systems in standard rooms, with limited sound in the suites and premium rooms) and run from 15-30 minutes depending on the presenter. Some presenters charge a nominal fee to help underwrite the costs of the room and hospitality. Average fees run between $20-$30 per slot. Many do not charge and some trade slots for performance slots in other rooms. Please contact our office at email@example.com if you have any questions about the process.
Tips for Booking a Private Showcase
- Research the Private Showcase Presenter list (updated weekly starting mid-September), find the host’s contact info using your internet prowess, and send a direct, personal email (not bulk!).
- Your personal email should be concise and include the same info as the forum post: link to video, short bio, and contact info. You should also include how many people are in your band, and your geographic location.
- Start early! Rooms fill up fast and any available space is filled quickly.
- NEW: you are limited to six Private Showcases over the four nights. It’s the artist’s responsibility to manage this number.
Private Showcase Poster Policy
- Only Private Showcase presenters are permitted to hang posters on the Private Showcase floors.
- Postering is only allowed on the Private showcase floors.
- The posters should be specific to their room (listing all artists, times, and room numbers). FAI will designate sections of the hallway where postering is not permitted for safety and way-finding signage.
- Private Showcase hosts can begin postering on Wednesday, Feb 1, at 11:00 am.
- Posters for individual artists or in non-designated areas of the Private Showcase floors will be removed.
- Painters tape is the only permitted way of hanging posters. All others will be removed. Damage resulting from the use of non-approved tape will be documented and billed to the room host.
Private Showcases Hosted by FAI
FAI will host a few private showcase rooms: First-Timers Room, Indigenous Room hosted by Advancing Indigenous Performance, Traditional Music Room, and Ethno USA Room. These rooms are on the Private Showcase floors and are available to any artist who is registered for the Folk Alliance International Conference. Placement is first-come, first-serve. Applications to perform are closed for this year.
*note, this does not apply to any private showcase rooms other than those hosted by FAI.