Who can volunteer?
Anyone over the age of 16 who is a member of FAI can volunteer at the conference. You do not need to be in the music industry to volunteer – a good portion of our volunteers are enthusiastic folk fans. Anyone can become a member of Folk Alliance International before applying to volunteer.
- Free conference registration
- Volunteer t-shirt
- Hospitality room*
* While we do our best to have food available, the amount of meals depends on how much food is donated. We aim to provide each volunteer one meal during the conference.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Work a minimum of 16 hours at the conference.
Please note that there are a limited number of volunteer positions available. Applications will be approved starting in September first-come-first-serve.
- Be a member of FAI.
Become a member of FAI here.
- Attend the on-site volunteer orientation.
- Have a valid email address (no sharing of email addresses).
- Agree to the FAI Volunteer Code of Ethics.
As a volunteer, you will be assigned to a specific team (security, production, runner, etc.) each with its own Crew Chief. Crew Chiefs are responsible for scheduling and training a specific volunteer area of the conference and they are also responsible for checking in with their volunteers throughout the conference to ensure that volunteers understand their assignment.
Volunteer teams include:
- Communications/Social Media
- Exhibit Hall
- Green Team
- Hospitality/Food Services
- Instrument Check
- Official Showcases
- One-on-One Networking Sessions
- Panels/Daytime Programming
- Private Showcases
- Production Team
- Special Projects
- Volunteer Room
Volunteer Applications are closed for the 2024 conference. Please consider volunteering next year!