Who can volunteer?
Volunteer Applications are now in wait-list status for the 2023 event. Applications are not automatically accepted.
Anyone over the age of 16 can volunteer at the conference. You do not need to be in the music industry to volunteer – a good portion of our volunteers are enthusiastic folk fans.
- Free conference registration
- Volunteer t-shirt
- Hospitality room*
* While we do our best to have food available, the amount of meals depends on how much food is donated. We aim to provide each volunteer 2 meals during the conference.
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Work a minimum of 16 hours (members) or 22 hours (non-members) at the conference. Please note that there are a limited number of non-member volunteer positions available with priority given to members. Member applications will be approved starting in September whereas non-members approval starts in mid-November. Become a member of FAI here.
- Attend the on-site volunteer orientation
- Have a valid email address (no sharing of email addresses)
- Agree to the FAI Volunteer Code of Ethics
As a volunteer, you will be assigned to a specific team (security, production, runner, etc.) each with its own Crew Chief. Crew Chiefs are responsible for scheduling and training a specific volunteer area of the conference and they are also responsible for checking in with their volunteers throughout the conference to ensure that volunteers understand their assignment.
Volunteer teams include:
- Communications/Social Media
- Exhibit Hall
- Green Team
- Hospitality/Food Services
- Instrument Check
- Official Showcase Room Volunteer
- One-on-One Networking Sessions
- Panels/Daytime Programming
- Private Showcases
- Production Team
- Special Projects
- Volunteer Room
Volunteer Applications are now in WAIT-LIST STATUS for 2023.
Applications are not automatically approved.