Folk Unlocked Terms and Conditions
Below are the terms and conditions that each attendee agrees to when registering for Folk Unlocked.
(1) Registration fees are non-refundable for any reason including, but not limited to, failure to use registration due to illness, acts of God, travel-related problems and loss of employment. The value of registration can be transferred to a future event if you contact FAI prior to the event. No transfers after 2/21/2021.
(2) FAI does not manage substituting attendees.
As emphatically as we welcome people of all national, geographic, cultural, ethnic, social, economic, gender, sexuality, orientation, mobility, and other forms of diversity to our events and organization, we also wish to express our rejection of discrimination and harassment.
As defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC): “Harassment is a form of employment discrimination that violates Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, (ADEA), and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, (ADA).” In accordance with US law, our board recently adopted refined language regarding harassment in our employee handbook. For reference, please see the way FAI defines and informs our staff of this important issue. We encourage our members to adopt similar policies in their places of work and to adhere to this standard at their events.
Accordingly, we want to make members aware of what to do in the unfortunate event that harassment does occur. If you experience discrimination and/or harassment at our conference or any FAI event, take action:
- Cite the FAI value statement and linked definition, tell the offending party to stop
- Talk immediately with a trusted colleague
- Contact your union
- Contact an FAI staff member or email email@example.com
- Call the 24 hour National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-4673
- Call the local police at 911 if appropriate
Code of Conduct
FAI is committed to providing a professional, friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for all participants at its meetings, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, or other protected class.
We expect all FAI virtual meeting and event participants and speakers to help ensure a safe and positive experience for everyone. Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated during any portion of a meeting or event.
Unacceptable behavior includes but is not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech or actions.
- Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, or other personal characteristics, including those protected by law.
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images.
- Real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm.
- Inappropriate disruption of meetings or events.
- Photographing, video, or audio recording of slides, oral or poster presentations without presenter/author’s permission with intent to use or distribute.
- Violating the rules and regulations of the online platform.
Report harassment and disruptive behaviors to FAI staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consequences of misconduct may include but are not limited to:
- Immediate removal from meeting or event without warning.
- Restrictions from future FAI meetings and events.
- Termination of FAI membership.
(1) I give permission for Folk Alliance International (and its representatives) to photograph, film, and otherwise record my likeness, voice, appearance, presentation, and participation in Folk Unlocked (collectively, “Photos”); (2) I grant Folk Alliance International the worldwide, royalty-free, sub licensable, transferable right in perpetuity to use my name, likeness, biographical information, and the Photos in any medium now known or later developed in connection with Folk Alliance International’s charitable mission; and (3) On behalf of myself, my heirs and family members, I release Folk Alliance International from, and agree not to bring, any claim of any nature, known or unknown, that I have or may have relating to Folk Alliance International’s use of my name or the Photos in connection with Folk Alliance International’s charitable mission, including rights of privacy or publicity, libel, defamation, false light, copyright, or other reasons. I understand that Folk Alliance International will rely on this release and that I may not withdraw my permission or release at any time.