In recent months, as we’ve adjusted to quarantine conditions, artists, labels and presenters are pivoting to reach fans. In absence of concerts, live streams have surged. New technology has emerged. As we simultaneously commit ourselves to social justice and cultural equity work, dramatic change is afoot. Managers and agents have re-oriented services to support artists’ evolving needs. We gather, network, schedule and communicate differently. We are learning together and doing whatever we can.
But what do audiences want right now? Are we offering the type of content they crave?
This discussion will focus on current data to understand trends in listening behavior, fan preferences, and the state of folk broadcast and streaming programming. We will discuss how media consumption data can help us make informed decisions about the content we create and offer folk audiences.
- Michelle Conceison – Artist Manager and Professor – Moderator
- Scott Musgrave – Head of U.S. Radio, Nielsen Music/MRC Data
- Nikki Lee – Data Scientist, Music Analytics, Spotify
- Ayappa Biddanda – Sr. Director, National Grass Roots, Video, & Tour Promotion, Concord
- Britnee Foreman – Senior Data Analytics Manager, Tempo Music Investments