Why Join Folk Alliance International?
As an international non-profit arts organization, we strive to preserve, promote, and present folk music. Our year-round activities include the world’s largest gathering of the folk community, five regional conferences, representation of folk music at industry and cultural events, advocacy, outreach, and support services. Raising the awareness and brand recognition of folk music ensures our community of artists are connected to an ever-growing and appreciative audience.
Members of Folk Alliance International:
- Receive discounted registration for our annual and regional conferences
- Connect with over 3,000 global members using our member database
- Vote in the election of the Board of Directors for our international and regional organizations
- Vote to determine recipients of the International Folk Music Awards
- Access exclusive Folk Alliance member forums
- Access conference delegate list including email information not available to non-members
- Enjoy exclusive benefits and discounts on a variety of services and memberships
- Support a global community that works together to provide a platform for emerging artists
FAI 501c3 Group Exemption
Organization members of FAI may apply for the Group Exemption program. Under the Group Exemption program, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) recognizes an organization as exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. If you are interested in learning more about the Group Exemption Program, required paperwork, fees and eligibility, please contact FAI headquarters at 816-221-FOLK (3655) or email email@example.com. More info here.
FAI House Concert Performing Rights Organizations (PRO) Agreement
FAI negotiated an agreement with ASCAP and BMI on behalf of member House Concert presenters who meet the terms of the agreement – to hold events in private homes with an invitation list only with no public marketing – to ensure they are not subject to any PRO fees. There is NO additional fee to qualify for this member service. More info here.
Letter of Support for Work Visa Application
For our members, FAI will write a letter to support your work visa application. Click here to see the required information. (Login required to submit)
Folk Ed. and CommUNITY Online Webinar Series
As part of Folk Alliance International’s ongoing advocacy and outreach efforts, Folk Ed. and CommUNITY Online are webinar programs providing professional and career development opportunities to the FAI community. Learn more here.
Folk Alliance International members can enroll and use CelebrityAccess for ONLY $350 per user per year! That’s 60% off the retail price of $899.
- Get direct contact for over 75,000 entertainers.
- Complete Agency and Management Rosters.
- Over 25,000 worldwide venue profiles with personnel listings.
- and so much more! Enroll now for more information.
Log in to your FAI account to get the member’s only enrollment code.
Exclusive FAI member access to NACC Folk Chart. Members who are industry professionals can subscribe to access the folk chart for $50/month. Members who are artists can access the folk chart for $25/month with a three-month minimum.
Log in to your FAI account to get the member’s only discount page.
FAI is excited to announce a new partnership with HotelStorm to bring exclusive hotel discounts to our members. HotelStorm negotiates hotel discounts only available to FAI members, with discounts up to 55%. Simply search the website for your favorite destinations – whether personal or professional – and you’ll find savings of 10-55% over other online travel agencies. Log in to your FAI account to get the member’s only discount password.