Register for the 2022 Folk Alliance International Conference!
February 23-27, 2022 | Kansas City, MO + Online
Registration for the 2022 Folk Alliance International Conference is now open! The current capacity of the in-person conference is limit is 2,000 attendees based on recommendations from public health experts. There is no limit for virtual access. Verification of a COVID-19 vaccination is required in order to attend the in-person conference.
Notice: we have reached our capacity for community member (fan/retired) registrants. Community members are welcome to apply to volunteer.
Please note that in-person registration includes access to all virtual content. If you are attending in person, you do not need to register for virtual access.
August 1 – September 30: $350
October 1 – December 15: $450
December 16 – February 25: $500
August 1 – September 30: $450
October 1 – December 15: $550
December 16 – February 25: $600
Ways to Save
Artist Rates – FAI Members
May 25 – December 15: $200
December 16 – February 25: $250
Artist Rates – Non-Members
July 1 – December 15: $300
December 16 – February 25: $350
Registration is capped at $700 for bands who are Official Showcase artists or on standby, which will not be known until November 2021. If you have four or more people in your band who will all be attending, please contact Folk Alliance International at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a code for your registration. DO NOT REGISTER UNTIL YOU GET YOUR CODE.
International Rate Discount (use when attending from outside of NORTH AMERICA) off the full price registration or artist registration.
Enter promo code: INTRATE at checkout
Restrictions: If you are not a resident of NORTH AMERICA and are traveling to the conference from outside of NORTH AMERICA, use this code at checkout to receive a discounted registration. If this code is used in error or your address is not from outside NORTH AMERICA, you will receive an additional invoice to pay the balance. Your registrations will not be approved until the additional invoice is paid.
Single Day Pass – FAI Members
August 1 – September 30: $150
October 1 – December 15: $200
December 16 – February 25: $225
Single Day Pass – Non-Members
August 1 – September 30: $200
October 1 – December 15: $250
December 16 – February 25: $275
Two Day Passes – FAI Members
August 1 – September 30: $300
October 1 – December 15: $400
December 16 – February 25: $450
Two Day Passes – Non-Members
August 1 – September 30: $400
October 1 – December 15: $500
December 16 – February 25: $550
We realize that every attendee’s situation is unique and in a state of constant change, not to mention the heavy hit that many in our community took during this pandemic. FAI’s goal is to provide flexibility and minimize risk for our attendees. As a result, we have implemented a new cancelation policy for this year.
- Once you register, registration fees are fully refundable if you cancel by January 31, 2022. Complete this form to request a refund.
- Alternatively, you may defer your registration to the 2023 conference. A transfer has no cash value. Conference transfers cannot be used toward membership fees nor do they guarantee future exhibit space and have no cash value and cannot be refunded. Complete this form to defer your registration.
- Another alternative is to request a partial refund of registrations fees if you’d like to switch your registration to online-only access to the virtual portion of the event. Complete this form to switch your registration to online-only access.
- Refund Policy: The deadline to request a full refund or transfer your registration to the 2023 conference is January 31, 2022. Cancelations and transfers must be received by the stated deadline and will be only be accepted by completing this form.
- No-shows for the event will not receive a refund or credit toward a future event.
- There are no refunds or credits for cancelations after January 31st, 2022, including due to illness or weather.
- There are no substitutions of participants allowed except in the case of company employees, which will be determined on a case-by-case basis by the FAI office.
- There are typically no refunds or credits for failure to redeem a promo code during registration as it’s an administrative burden; however, we acknowledge that the workaround is canceling the registration since we removed the fee. Complete this form if you need to add a promo code discount to your registration.
COVID-19 Requirements and Restrictions
All attendees of the conference must adhere to COVID-19 related safety requirements while attending any and all conference programming. Failure to comply will result in the delegate’s badge being withheld or revoked without refund.
As of July 19, 2021, but subject to change, attendees are required to:
- Verification of a COVID-19 vaccination is required in order to attend.
- Wear a face mask fully covering mouth and nose at all times while indoors and attending conference programming.
- Agree to temperature checks on site and agree to not attend events if showing symptoms and/or running a temperature above 100.4 F (38 C). Registrants must be fever-free without the help of medication in order to participate.
- Adhere to all hotel health and safety protocols.
Guidelines may change with updates posted on the website.